Today, the president has issued an executive order rescinding the DACA program. Here are 6 things you need to know:
1. Current DACA recipients' status will not be revoked immediately. The President has indicated that this is a six-month period of time. However, this is subject to change.
2. New DACA applications will not be accepted.
3. Any DACA applications already been submitted will continue to be processed.
4. Any DACA permits that will expire before the program sunsets in six months will have an opportunity to submit renewals before October 5, 2017.
5. Once DACA expires a person will be considered out of status or "undocumented."
6. At this time it is not recommended that anyone in DACA status travel outside of the United States on a Travel Document. Anyone currently in DACA status outside of the United States on a valid travel document should immediately return.
The US Congress will have six months to pass a law regulating their status.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!